i gathered all of the things in the kitchen that contained aspartame, put them on the kitchen table, and then printed off 4 articles about how poisonous it is and highlighted all of the most important information.
in my in-laws’ case, they make a lot of money and could very easily buy healthy, natural, and organic food all the time. i mean that. they have no excuses. neither of them is particularly healthy, they get minimal exercise, and they eat sugar-free products because they think they will lose weight. it’s ridiculous.
aren’t you a guest there? if one of my guests went through my kitchen and printed off a bunch of articles about my shitty food, idk if they’d be guests anymore.
and really, the only excuse anyone needs for not eating ‘healthy’/organic/natural and not exercising is “i don’t want to.”
i wouldn’t consider myself a guest in this house. we live here, albeit temporarily. we do all of the housework and the shopping [not the stuff with aspartame in it, obviously- or high fructose corn syrup]. we clean up after them, and they really sort of treat us like shit. it’s not like we have a relationship based on mutual respect. i’m really glad that nom-chompsky can reblog me and say i’m a guest and then EVERYONE decides to reblog and tell me what a bad guest i am. i am not here for a long weekend. i live here.
they’re health conscious people in general. or rather, they want to and try to be. they go to wellness conferences, buy magazines about ‘whole living,’ are constantly reading books about cancer free diets and keeping their pre-diabetes in control and how to make the most of their lifestyles. they WANT to be healthy and they THINK that they are. this is not a case of ‘we eat/drink aspartame because we know what it does but like it so fuck off.’ they feel like they HAVE to because somewhere along the line, they were told sugar is evil and will make them ugly and fat. they also scold us for eating anything with sugar in it and try to slip their artificial sweetener into things all the time.
by the by, a lot of people who don’t follow me or know my situation have reblogged me, and one person asked why i didn’t explain it to them in less asshole terms. my answer to that is: we have. so many times. alex has been having this conversation with them for years, and they’ve cut back on some stuff, but they don’t read labels. i mean, my father-in-law is a vegetarian but buys like…soup mixes with chicken broth in them. and it’s not because he loves chicken. it’s because he doesn’t read labels. they just don’t do it.
i don’t really mind if people on tumblr are judging me for being judgy.
- henbane-custard likes this
- teamlaurenwins likes this
- funwithplantingplans likes this
- clusterpod likes this
- joinakibbutz reblogged this from teamlaurenwins and added:
- paulypotluck likes this
- wut4 likes this
- lizzieloulovesyou likes this
- teamlaurenwins reblogged this from nom-chompsky and added:
- ghirahim likes this
- courtney-025 likes this
- jointhenavy likes this
- mafalday-hates-nosey--people likes this
- chellchellchell said: if it’s in a “look at how much of your food contains this fake ass shit” kind of way, maybe it could be acceptable. some ppl don’t realize what they’re consuming, but… boundaries. i started eating paleo 3 months ago, and my family thinks i’m nuts.
- unforgettabledetritus likes this
- spinsteraunt likes this
- jadelyn reblogged this from pixyled and added:
- superherojuice likes this
- littleorphanammo reblogged this from teamlaurenwins and added:
- chachipistachis reblogged this from steviemcfly and added:
- leon-hotsky likes this
- alyshabee reblogged this from nom-chompsky and added:
- neroon reblogged this from bitchslap-barbie and added:
- shesarejector likes this
- pretzlcoatl reblogged this from weirdette and added:
- boehner-trollololll reblogged this from teamlaurenwins and added:
- voltyball reblogged this from nanner and added:
- flavia-anna-louise-fontaine likes this
- thisinsatiableshadow likes this
- nanner likes this
- so-the-little-honda likes this
- lazybeautiful reblogged this from teamlaurenwins and added:
- pretzlcoatl likes this
- nanner reblogged this from weirdette and added:
- steviemcfly likes this
- weirdette reblogged this from bitchslap-barbie and added:
- bitchslap-barbie reblogged this from nom-chompsky and added:
- anedumacationisnomore likes this
- coldasaslab likes this
- lepus reblogged this from nom-chompsky and added:
- teamlaurenwins posted this